The Plus Size “trend” is Here to Slay
HIgh fashion never stops, and (it’s about damn time) that includes plus-size options. The days of one option and frumpy styles for the plus size shopper (65% of the US population) is headed for the door. Today, the fashion industry is embracing diversity, curves,”reality” as fast as possible.
And, we applaud with just a snicker of, “you should have listened”.
So, without further ado, let’s talk about plus-size clothing trends and what’s hot this year for - yes, 65% of the US population.
Trends we’re watching.
- Layering: Layering remains a timeless trend, allowing you to create stylish and dynamic outfits with multiple pieces.
- Animal Prints: Animal prints are making a strong comeback. Leopard, zebra, and snakeskin patterns are popular choices.
- Monochromatic Looks: A single color from head to toe is a sleek and flattering trend that is easily accessible for curvy women.
- Sustainable Fashion: Sustainability is gaining traction. Look for brands that offer eco-friendly, plus-size options.
- Wide-Leg Pants: Wide-leg pants are comfortable, stylish, and versatile, making them a favorite trend among plus size shoppers.
How to stay on top of Plus Size Trends. We get it, you’re busy. So we gathered 5 easy things you can do to stay on top of your game and love your look.
Follow FASHION Influencers: Social media platforms are teeming with faux fashionistas who. Half the time, have an agenda to sell their stuff. Find those curvy curators who are setting trends and pushing boundaries. Some of our favorites today are Michelle Blaska, Michaela Leitz, Kelly Augustine, DoYouHaveThatInMySize, and musingsofacurvylady.
Curate, and Subscribe: Curate your feed, it can get messy out there. Find the magazines and feeds that scratch your fashion itch and follow, but at the same time ditch the junk. And, go old school for a few and have some magazines sent to you for offline inspiration. Some of our favorites these days are Slink Magazine, Women’s Wear Daily, Women’s Health, Bustle, Best Life, Plus Model, and of course Vogue.
Go to a Fashion Show, Virtually: We love our designers, and the work that goes into each show is honestly staggering. And, plus size representation matters - on stage and online. You can watch the shows online, cheer on the gorgeous plus size models killing it on the runway these days - and, get inspired in the meantime.
Build Your Virtual Closet: We love ourselves a good Pinterest Board, and so does America. Get in there and spend some time building your perfect wardrobe. Get inspired by all the women and brands who get you - the more you build the better the algorithm works on your behalf. **We fully acknowledge the creepy factor, but it's for fashion - so.
- Wear if NOW: We know, we’ve said it, “when I’m back to a size XX I’ll shop.” We’re here to remind you that TODAY you are beautiful, and TODAY you can rock any look you want. So, how do you stay on top of plus size trends? You become the plus size trends.
Keeping up with plus-size clothing trends is our passion, that’s why we work so hard on all of our behalf. Amour781 works with new designers closely to make sure you can curate your perfect closet and love what you wear. We see the evolving plus size fashion landscape as a world of possibilities for you to express your unique style.
So, embrace the trends that resonate with you and make them your own. With a growing emphasis on inclusivity, the fashion world is yours to explore and celebrate. Go ahead, show the world that the Plus Size “trend” is here to Slay.